Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Amsterdam: The City with Amazing.. Architecture?


Oh Amsterdam. I think every lost child only dreams of one day making it to the El Dorado known as Amsterdam. At one point in my youth, I probably would have sold my first born child just for a day there. Thank goodness those years have passed. But really. Amsterdam gives more than just drug tourism. Nevertheless, I was happy we only had an 8 hour layover there. The perfect amount of time to spend in the city where everything flys.

Thumbs up on the train to Centraal Station

Here's Centraal Station. Actually really pretty.
 We arrived at 8 am on a Sunday. Really, not much was going on. Most people had just gone to bed and wouldn't wake up for several hours. We walked around and looked at the architecture. Amsterdam is situated on a river, and many beauitful canals run through it. Some houses are on stilts. They are really nice.. It's actually a UNESCO world heritage site since many of them were built hundreds of years ago.




 Really-- Amsterdam is everything they say it is. The streets are really dirty, and everyone is lighting up as they please. We stopped at this cafe for lunch. Thinking we were safe because we didn't go to a "coffee shop", about twenty minutes into our meal the table next to us starts rolling up a joint. Great.




We really didn't do much. Just walked around, had some coffee, and looked at buildings. I'm definitely glad I got to see it. I'm sure in my younger days I would have had someeeeee time there. However, we left a little early, re-sold our metro ticket (Hollla!) and did what I do best:

Thank you Amsterdam for having the world's most comfiest airport!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment