Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Another Friday in München

I don't know if I have touched on the lameness of Munich's night life, but until two weeks ago, I basically found it non-existent. I was seriously concerned at how I was going to live in Europe for a year and have no discos to go to. I mean, how was I going to practice my German?? But really, thank goodness, I discovered the best place ever. Situated right next to Ostbahnhof, it is a street with club after club after club, and outside, my favorite: Kebabs.

This weekend, we started out as normal, at Hofbrauhaus. In the recent weeks we've discovered it is the best place to meet people, we hang out with them, then take them clubbing. This weekend Sammy and I really wanted to practice our German... so we were determined to meet a group of German speaking boys. We went to Hofbrauhaus, found a table full of ten German boys, and invited ourselves to sit down. We had no idea what the rest of the night had in store for us.




We really had a fun time. They spoke English (well, all for one.. who actually I'm not even sure spoke German... but that's another story) but decided it would be good for us not to speak English the entire night. And the stuck to that. They patiently explained everything we didn't understand, and taught us some funny sayings. My personal favorite: "Warum?" (why) "DARUM." (it means like because, but not just because, its a conversation ender. Something a parents says to a child, or a man says to a woman). Also, "macht dir keine sorgen" (Don't worry about it).





I wish I could blog about how the night ended... but hey, I have to get a job some day. Let's just say I finally came home to Filippo having breakfast. He looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "what are you doing?".. "GOING TO SLEEP!" I responded.

And that was just Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment