Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First Visitors in Munich and Very Happy Mimi

Am I the luckiest girl in the world or what?? I up and decide to move half-way across the world, and STILL my mom and lovely step-dad find the time amidst their 6 children, 3 children-in-laws, 2 and a half grandkids, and one and a half dogs to come spend two weekends with their favorite youngest daughter. Some might say luck, others might say "stalker" but I'm going to go with luck :)
Let me tell you, we had a blast! They got to meet my kids, my family, and a lot of my friends. We went on lots of adventures, some successful, some not so much.

Our first adventure was to Schloss Neuschwanstein... Otherwise known as the Disneyland Castle. The last King of Bavaria built it over a span of seven years, and slept in it a mere 172 times. Let me tell you. No expenses were spared. Every detail was magical. There were decorations and paintings and gold accents as far as the eye can see. In those paintings, stories were told. Most important, stories of the famous PARSIVAL!!! Sadly, you aren't allowed to take photos inside the building, but we managed to sneak one :)

 Here is one from the outside.

We had a lot of fun. For the rest of the time, we just frolicked around Munich. We went to Hofbrauhaus, Dachau, the Deutsches Musesum, what we thought was the BMV museum. It was so fun to have them here. I loved being able to show them around and let them experience my life here in Munich.
Hofbrauhaus


Sunrise after Snow

Munchen specialitat: warm candy-covered nuts!!


At the Deutsch Museum

I'm so grateful I got to see my family. It just reminded me of how much I love them, and also, how much I miss this face:


I will be updating this blog more. I really have a lot of great adventures. Most of them involve language barriers in the U-Bahn. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment