Monday, December 5, 2011

Arrival in Europe

well all zero of my blog followers. I feel as if I have been living this life forever. and it has only been a few days. heres what has happened:

I arrived in Zurich and was greeted by two of my favorite swiss boys, Samuel and Adi. I was very excited to be in europe and even though i was coming from a 10 hour flight next to a huge, fat, croatian paparazi, the joy of being there was enough to keep me going. We met up with Phillip and they took me to a wintermarket, and there we had some lessons in each others languages. For instance. They explained to me the different between "kaufen" which means "I am buying" and "einkaufen", which means "I am buying". You see, the first one means " I am buying" and the second means " I am buying". German? ja. Its going to be a breeze. After this, I taught them an important english lessons, like how not to mispronounce the names of countries in africa, like Niger for an instance. Learning about other peoples cultures is fun.


Wonderful Sam hosted me at his house, and woke up at 5 to see me off... with my 100 lbs of luggage. I wish I was joking. I arrived the next day in Frankfurt. My lovely boss (for lack of a better word) Isabelle picked me up with the boys. Boy are they cute. We got to schlossborn at 10 am. This was my first day of work. I almost fell asleep while watching the boys. No rest in Germany. You can sleep when you are dead. I survived. But was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open at the dinner table. Oh, did I  mention they had a dinner party for my welcoming? A classic french 5 course meal. Each one lasting 30 minutes. After the second course, I started to fall asleep. They kindly excused me from the table.


I need to take German classes. ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment