Sunday, December 11, 2011

Whats the opposite of "time is flying"?

Oh man. I cannot believe I have only been here a little over a week. I feel as if I have been part of this family forever. There is so much to write about.

The boys: They are 9 months, 3 and 4. They have an insane amount of energy. The oldest speaks to me in German and the middle in French. These are the phrases I hear all day "Das ist kaputt!" (This is broken) "ca fini!" (I have finished) Things the boys do could be a blog of its own.

The parents: The mother is french and she is very sweet. The father is German, and oh boy. Is he German. He likes to tell me about how great Germany is all the time. For example, I asked him how to work the washing machine. He tells me, "ah yes. This washing machine. It is German. It is the 'Mercedes Benz' of washing machines." He tells me about his dishwasher, shoes, dryer... etc. Everything is so great! We now have a joke... "now thats the power of german engineering".
He likes to say really funny things. For example. His wife was telling me about how a woman slipped on the ice and crashed into their parked car. He told me, "in germany, we still have the problem of women drivers". The wife scoffed and went on talking about the crash. Later he said, "in saudi arabi, they dont have this problem." "because of the ice," she said firmly. I looked at him apprehensively, "I think he means because they dont allow women to drive." She and I laughed.. but he never does!! Just looks so serious.

I have too much to say about this family. Not all of it is nice. I better keep it to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment