Saturday, December 24, 2011

Change can be very good.

Well bloggers. A lot has happened. I left my Cinderella position in Glashutten, Germany and have moved into a wonderful German/Italian family in the center of Munich. Let me tell you. Life is bliss. The family is wonderful.
She is Italian, and oh so elegant. She works at an italian bank during the day and spends time with her children at night.
He is German. Probably one of the nicest men I have ever met. He is very funny. He works for an American company. Doing... things.
Their kids: Sofia is two and half. She is very serious and does not like snow being thrown at her. She likes things neat and organized, and has been known to clean her plate with her napkin if the noodle sauce gets on the edge. Fillipo is six. He is very independent and lets me know he does not need an Au Pair...He likes to tell me this as he hands me his garbage, his backpack, and while I'm lacing up his shoes. He is a very good ice-skater.
Both children are very well-behaved and quite sweet. I have never been happier.

The German here has a very strong dialect. It is closer to Swiss German than in the North where Frankfurt was. It is called a Bavarian Dialect. I like it. My German is coming along quite nice.

I have experienced so much in the last week. St. Nikolaus, who is their version of Santa but he looks like the pope, came to a party and I got to see him. Christmas markets in Munich (so wonderful) and today I got to go to German farmers market. My host dad bought me a pretty apple that had the farmers logo carved into it:

We had a really fun time. Sofia is so adorable!

Love it here. Love the family. Love the kids. I'm a very happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment