Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lose Yourself in Venice Part 2

Now, where did I leave off?

We woke up in the morning and I was eager to have a real Italian Cappuccino! Emma and I went to the hotel bar and ordered two cappuccinos, complete with chocolate dust on top. We sat in the courtyard of our hotel and drank. They were delicious!
After this we headed back into town.

Now you're probably thinking.. Okay Stephanie, where's the catch with your title? Well. Here it comes. Lose yourself in Venice. I beg you-try NOT to get lost! The thing with Venice is, it is full of old, skinny, barely fit in there buildings, connected by bridges, walkways, and half of the time they are interrupted by a canal or a dead-end. You can walk for minutes in one direction, only to find yourself stuck yet again in a dodgy corner of the island! The good thing is, it's always a beautiful view. But when it's 85 degrees outside, it can be frustrating.

Erik and I just spent the day re-visiting everything in day light. It mostly looked the same but with more people!
Erik's baked lasagna




Cool little kid chasing the pidgeons that I wouldn't let Erik touch.

In on of the dodgy corners we came across a candy shop where I bought the biggest meriangue I have ever seen!! It was strawberry flavored and SO GOOD!
I was a happy camper! After this we started home again. Luckily the traffic wasn't that bad and the clouds were nice a high, so we got to see a lot of the Alps we missed on the way there. We stopped at the most beautiful Mc Donalds I have ever seen somewhere in Austria. It had full windows over-looking a mountain and a canyon in the Alps. I wish I had my camera!! But I did managed to catch a few good ones of the ride back.



It was a really great trip. I am so happy I got to go to Venice. I feel like the luckiest girl alive. Thanks to Erik for driving.. I'm sure it wasn't the most fun for him to drive with three girls 6 hours both ways.... He is the best!

If you haven't made it to Venice, on your next European adventure it is a must see!! It is so beautiful and romantic. Hope you all enjoyed, and really, go lose yourself in Venice!



No comments:

Post a Comment