Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dutch Invasion

It's official. The Dutch are colonizing München. And I'm not complaining in the slightest.

Here's the thing with Dutch Men. They are an elite race which should be studied for their superior genetics. In fact, I think they should be bred. Yes. Bred. Like dogs. The whole world should have a little bit of Dutch in them. I'm serious. Now. One would expect with genes as good as theirs for them to be a little overly-confident and a bit rude. I mean, people would let them get away with it just to be able to look at them. But no. They are funny, loyal, honest, and lemme telllll you. Papa sure raised 'em right.

Oh. And did I mention they all speak PERFECT English? Jeez. Where have they been hiding all my life?


 I'll introduce you to a few:

This is Walter. Having never even left Europe, he likes to tell people he's from Montana. And they believe him. He can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than three minutes. No joke. He and I have an on-going battle to see whose grammar is more correct. Right now the score is 6-4. He's winning. 


This is Erik. They don't make men like him in America. He's smart, funny, and sweet. He eats whatever he wants and has a perfect physique. I've banned him from talking about the amount of time he spends on his appearance. It's not fair that someone naturally looks this good. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say he's about an 11. Yes, even for a Dutch. He might be my favorite ;)

 Here is other Eric. Yes, it's confusing for us too. We've tried to come up with many nick-names. None of them seem to stick. A lot of the conversation is lost to which Eric we are talking about. Eric really did not want to be featured in my blog. Eric trains 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. He tries to keep it cool, but really, he's just a giant lovable teddy bear. And by teddy bear, I mean more like a Ken Doll. Because hugging him is like hugging something plastic. It kind of hurts.

And last but not least, Bas. Oh Bas, the original inspiration for this post. Although technically not living in Munich, there is definitely still room for him in this post. Let me tell you a bit about my new facebook friend Bas. He's sensitive, smart, in law school, he dresses well, and he's newly single. Oh, and did I mention he can dance the salsa like a mad man? He's a miracle worker. He had a room full of women melting in their seats as he gently recounted the story of how he found out he was no longer in a four year relationship. His ex-girlfriend is obviously still in high school. That's as clear as glass. I wish I could tell you the entire story, but I don't want to make his personal relationships public information. I will tell you this. Ladies. Watch out. Gentlemen, keep your girlfriends close by. This 21-year-old is back on the market. And he's coming back with a bang.

So there you have it. A Dutch invasion. With absolutely no complaints here. I'd even say they have an invitation. They could even go Dutch Indies on us. We wouldn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment